BREAKING: Red Bull’s Max Verstappen says goodbye ‘for now’ to…. read more

0
i

Max Verstappen Bids Farewell to Honda, But Hints at Future Reunion

Max Verstappen has left the door open for a potential future collaboration with Honda as their highly successful partnership with Red Bull nears its conclusion at the end of the Formula 1 season. The Japanese manufacturer has powered Verstappen to four consecutive world championships, but from 2026, their engines will be used by Aston Martin.

At a Honda-organized Formula 1 fan event in Tokyo on Wednesday, ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix, Verstappen expressed his gratitude for their contributions to his success. The Dutch driver, now 27, took the opportunity to reflect on his time with Honda while driving the RB16B—the car that carried him to his first world title—through the streets of the Japanese capital.

“It has been an incredible journey that I have truly enjoyed,” Verstappen said. “Before we partnered with Honda, we had already experienced success, but I could never have imagined achieving the level we did—winning four world championships together.”

Looking ahead to the upcoming race at Suzuka, Verstappen emphasized the importance of enjoying the moment and recognizing all that has been accomplished. However, his words also carried a sense of possibility for the future.

“I want to make the most of this weekend, push as hard as possible, and take in all the memories we’ve created together in the sport. You never know what the future holds, so while this is a goodbye for now, that might not be the end of the story. I’m still young, and anything can happen.”

His comments have only intensified speculation about his long-term commitment to Red Bull. Although Verstappen’s contract runs until 2028, various reports suggest he has performance-related exit clauses that would allow him to leave should Red Bull’s car fail to remain competitive.

Former F1 driver Juan Pablo Montoya added fuel to the rumors, suggesting Aston Martin would make an aggressive push to sign Verstappen if an opportunity arose. Speaking to Vision4Sport, Montoya speculated that the British team, which recently secured the services of renowned car designer Adrian Newey from Red Bull, could present Verstappen with an offer he couldn’t refuse.

“If Max gets the chance, I think Aston Martin will make him an irresistible offer,” Montoya said. “If I were in his position, I would seriously consider it. Mercedes is an interesting option too, but Aston Martin would be the logical choice. They now have Adrian Newey, and Honda will be there as well—everything he has already won with is in place.”

As a tribute to the final season of their partnership, Red Bull will run a special red and white livery at Suzuka this weekend to honor Honda. The collaboration between the two has been instrumental in Red Bull’s dominance over the past few years, making the upcoming race even more significant for both parties.

While Verstappen remains committed to Red Bull for now, his words suggest that a future reunion with Honda—perhaps even at Aston Martin—cannot be ruled out. Whether he stays at Red Bull until the end of his contract or seeks a new challenge remains to be seen, but for now, all eyes will be on Suzuka as he looks to add another victory to his already illustrious career.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Discover more from F1 REPORT

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading